Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carrier Infinity gas valve rapid cycle on shutoff

Options
mulsco
mulsco Member Posts: 3
I have a carrier infinity furnace that is working fine, but at the end of the cycle the gas valve flutters when it shuts off. It sounds like its clicking on and off 6 to 8 times in 2 seconds. Ideas?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    What is the Make and Model of the gas valve? What is the Model number of the Infinity?
  • mulsco
    Options
    I was misspoken....the guy that put it in said it was the same as an infinity, its a bryant 355mav furnace. I cant see a make on the gas valve, there are some numbers on the solenoid but i dont think thats what youre looking for...
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    Is it mechanical or electrical in origin? Watch the power to the valve when it's chattering, if it's coming in and out too, then it must be a control issue, if the control voltage is constant it's mechanical or gas pressure related. I'd put the coil of a 24 volt relay across the valve & watch that, a digital meter might not respond fast enough to show the fluctuations. The manual for that model you mentioned shows the high heat stage runs through a pressure switch, maybe that is fluttering.
  • mulsco
    Options
    Good ideas....I'll check those out.