Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HBX HYD 0100 Setup help

Options
tg2012
tg2012 Member Posts: 6
I have under floor radiant heating setup. I purchased the HBX HYD-0100 a few years ago and finally installing it.
First question is, I'm not getting enough hot water at the supply side.

- I have a direct run from the supply side of the boiler.
- Return goes back to boiler
- Sorry about the rats nest of wiring, I have the outdoor sensor connected, floor temp sensor, boiler sensor and boiler contacts to boiler zone control.

Do I need a circulator on the return like the other zones?

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    OK, I'll play. BTW, I have zero experience with this particular control, but hydronics are hydronics,

What is your pressure differential? How long are the loops?

Are the spaces below the bare naked staple up properly insulated?

Are the joint bay ends properly insulated?

What is the heating load (BTUH/Sq Ft.)?

Heat source and capacity?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • JeffM
    JeffM Member Posts: 182
    Options
    I have worked with this control a bit, so allow me to ask a couple of additional questions:
    1 - You attached a piping diagram from HBX showing a primary loop with the Hydrobloc tee'd into that, but the actual piping you describe sounds different. How is the actual piping - as per the HBX diagram, or do your supply/return lines go back to headers on the boiler?
    2 - You mention a floor sensor being connected. Where does that connect - to your thermostat?
    3 - How do you determine that your supply water isn't hot enough? Room not warm? Is the mixed system temp displayed not reaching the setpoint? How long do you wait before deciding that it's not warm enough?
  • tg2012
    tg2012 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    sorry for the extremely late reply, but I had figured it out and it has been working flawlessly since a few days after I posted this
    Erin Holohan HaskellIronman
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    tg2012 said:

sorry for the extremely late reply, but I had figured it out and it has been working flawlessly since a few days after I posted this

What was the problem? You may help prevent others for getting stuck on the same issue.
    IronmanCanucker