Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

More questions

Options
MissB
MissB Member Posts: 39
Tomorrow while it is warmer here in R.I. I am goibg to turn off the boiler and adjust the pressuretrols. Here is my new question: I have a large, old fashioned standing radiator on my second floor. I have been turnibg it off during the day for a few years now in an attempt to save on heat. Now tgat it is so cold here, I am discovering my downstairs and boiler appear to work BETTER when the uostairs is left open. Is this possible?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Seeing as you are in Rhode Island as I am also I suggest you call "Gas Doctor" at 401-942-5223 and they will come and answer all your questions and set your controls correctly. Tell them I gave you the information as it may expedite their response.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    In a slightly more direct answer to your question, yes it is possible that your system may run better with that one big radiator on line. You may have significantly better venting balance, and you may well have longer and more even heating cycles, since the boiler will be better matched to the load.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    MissB
  • MissB
    MissB Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Ty Jamie ... I am going to experiment with leaving the radiator on . . .