Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

water leak

Options
heatingdpeng
heatingdpeng Member Posts: 35
Does anyone give me some idea what happened ? I put a water pressure gauge right after the main water main. To see there is any water leak in the system. beginning few months the water pressure hold at 68 psi. one day the water no longer hold, If I shut down the water main, the gauge start losing pressure. about 5 minutes, go to 60 psi, another 5 minutes, go to 50, then 40, then after a while go to 0. This has been few months already, I check the whole house, do not see any faucets or toiler leaking, any water pipe expose I can see I checked, no leaking. check the sheetrock where the pipe travel inside, do not see any wet. It is very strange. Talk to the plumber who installed the system, he just said no problem. But when I open the water main again. I can hear the water traveling to fill up the system. Definitely somewhere leaking. My water system is after water main, one go to hot water system, one go to house water. I did try to cut off the hot water system, it is still the same, water pressure drop. Any comment appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Check the water level in your toilet tank after you turn the water off. Then, check it an hour later and see if the water level drops. Almost everyone says their toilets are not leaking, when they really are.
    Rick
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Try turning off the stops on your toilets. Toilets with a slight leak are a likely cause.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    When you are sure your toilet tank is filled and the water has shut itself off, add some blue food coloring into the tank. Don't disturb anything else. Check the bowl after an hour. Flush flappers are usually the culprit.
  • heatingdpeng
    heatingdpeng Member Posts: 35
    Options
    thanks everyone, the pressure drop finally stop after I turn all the toilets stop off.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    OK, there you go... the only question is, which toilet?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England