Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham 205NCL-TEI2 Boiler Problems

Options
JeffMoss
JeffMoss Member Posts: 2
having problems with Burnham 205NCL-TEI2. I've replaced damper assembly & cable, thermocouple, TACO box and transformer. Pilot will stay lit,

When electric is restored to unit >>> pilot stays lit, NO ZONES are calling for heat but burner ignites and cuts off within a few seconds and continually repeats this cycle, damper cycles continuously. Is my valve "sticking" and possibly bad? I've replaced all other parts...
vent switch & flame rollout switch ohm'd out OK

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    When this occurs is there 24 volts to the valve? If no power to the valve and it keeps doing this replace the valve. Make sure your gas pressure is okay before and after the gas valve. What is the valve number and manufacturer?
  • JeffMoss
    JeffMoss Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Valve = Honeywell VR8200C6008 Using a multimeter set to the correct range (DC V), how am I testing for 24V at valve? One probe to female spade terminal coming from transformer terminal "C" (yellow wire) to gas valve but where do i put other probe? Additionally, my problem may be intermittent-I actually have heat running now; my problems seems to occur when stat calls for heat the second time, after it has already reached its temp and shut off. Sometimes TACO will show it's calling, but no ignition
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,636
    Options
    The instructions for the gas valve can be found here. The two terminals marked TR & TH are the ones you want, the ones marked TR/TH are not. If you see 24 volts ac (not dc as you wrote above, I assume that was an error), the valve should be opened. If the 24 volts is coming in & out, the valve is working.

I rather think the valve is ok, since you said the damper is cycling. What controls the damper? I'd look into that next.

• zadyroar
    zadyroar Member Posts: 1
    Options
    i know this thread is 2 years old but im also having a problem with my boiler and the pilot light isnt staying lit and also that thing that says taco connected to the water letting water out even after i took some out from the system.