Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica Install

Options
Just finished this install. Took out a Slant Fin Liberty oil boiler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Ironmannjtommy

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    nice clean install. i wouldve used the Alpha pump on the system.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
    Options
    What's the story with the T handle style ball valves? Is there any benefit to them?

I'm asking because I have a friend that was going on and on about them the other day and I've never seen one until these pictures.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Ross_24
    Ross_24 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    ChrisJ said:

What's the story with the T handle style ball valves? Is there any benefit to them?

I'm asking because I have a friend that was going on and on about them the other day and I've never seen one until these pictures.

The only benefit I know of is that they can save a lot of space when your piping is tight. They don't swing out as wide and prevent the need to cut a long traditional handle short in order to turn it on and off properly.
    SWEIjonny88
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Ross said:

ChrisJ said:

The only benefit I know of is that they can save a lot of space when your piping is tight. They don't swing out as wide and prevent the need to cut a long traditional handle short in order to turn it on and off properly.
    They are flanged ball valves. They take up less space and make it simple to change out a pump.
    ChrisJSWEIAaron_in_Maine
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options

Just finished this install. Took out a Slant Fin Liberty oil boiler.

Nice work, as usual!!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Aaron_in_MaineZman
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Hi Aaron, beautiful install, so nice and neat. Why do you transition from copper to black pipe? Why not make all of the piping in copper? Is there a benefit?
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    I use iron at the boiler because that's what comes with the boiler for the tri gauge I just carry it out to the pumps then transition to copper to save on the propress fittings.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

j a_2