Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Circulator speeds

overpop
overpop Member Posts: 52
I just installed my boiler by myself and the 3 speed circulators were recommended. So, there are 2 baseboard zones, one fan unit zone for garage, one zone for 1200 feet of 3/8" radiant divided into 6 loops and a short loop for the primary loop. 5 circulators in all. All based on Pumping Away. I'd like to get the most efficiency out of this system. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    It is hard to give a complete answer without all the details.Which circulators do you have?
    Generally speaking, the radiant loops will need the higher speeds and the others lower. Measuring the delta T between the supply and return temps is a good way to see what is going on. If the number is less than 10 degrees, you are definitely pumping faster than you need to. Some would say 20 degrees.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • overpop
    overpop Member Posts: 52
    I have the Teco 0015s. I might have to invest in a few "slap on" thermometers. As of now I have a temp gauge in boiler and one after the radiant mix valve. Any additional insite would be good, but what you said so far Zman helps. Just beginning to know my new system.
    ERF
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Like Z said: keep the delta T around 20 on the coldest days on everything except the floor. Shoot for 10 - 12* delta T on that. As high a 30* may work fine on the fan coil if the SWT is sufficient.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.