Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Killing A Compressor

Options
Outdoor WIFreezer, outdoor cond unit on snow covered roof of WI, has pump down , CCH, fan cycling control (r404a), was 350psig in & 270 out,now 300psig in & 220 out ,nice weather shed, & acid is present,put in HH LLFD, that was today. Next week I'll be replacing that "Compressor Killing Condenser Fan Cycling Control".

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Let me guess,......You are going motor master (ICM) control??? yes? Will you change your sleeve bearing cond. fan to ball bearing so it don't prematurely burn out? more than 1 way to skin a cat, but will the customer pay for the repair.....:-)

MPT...
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lets say that this is another way to go, so, what is the pressure that the "motor master" is set for? But then a "motor master"is not allowed in this situation. Just another "Compressor Killer".
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    I always liked the headmaster with a flooded condenser.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    I’ve used ICM’s in the past with no problems. Penn P-66 is another option. Headmaster is the way to go but they can get real expensive to retrofit.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Any comp operating at 0* evap temp or lower requirers "air impingement" on the comp body to cool off the comp motor.So cond fan cycling and motormaster are not allowed.