Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Killing A Compressor

Outdoor WIFreezer, outdoor cond unit on snow covered roof of WI, has pump down , CCH, fan cycling control (r404a), was 350psig in & 270 out,now 300psig in & 220 out ,nice weather shed, & acid is present,put in HH LLFD, that was today. Next week I'll be replacing that "Compressor Killing Condenser Fan Cycling Control".

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Let me guess,......You are going motor master (ICM) control??? yes? Will you change your sleeve bearing cond. fan to ball bearing so it don't prematurely burn out? more than 1 way to skin a cat, but will the customer pay for the repair.....:-)

MPT...
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 2015
    Lets say that this is another way to go, so, what is the pressure that the "motor master" is set for? But then a "motor master"is not allowed in this situation. Just another "Compressor Killer".
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I always liked the headmaster with a flooded condenser.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    I’ve used ICM’s in the past with no problems. Penn P-66 is another option. Headmaster is the way to go but they can get real expensive to retrofit.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 2015
    Any comp operating at 0* evap temp or lower requirers "air impingement" on the comp body to cool off the comp motor.So cond fan cycling and motormaster are not allowed.