Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why might my heat be only cutting on at night?

Options
Deeno
Deeno Member Posts: 1
I have it set to 68 for morning, and 70 for day, evening and night on the thermostat, however it has been running at a frigid 50 degrees until night and then it finally cuts on at 9 and gets up to 70. Going on day 3 of this and its snowing tomorrow.

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    A little more information might help. What kind of thermostat? what kind of heating system? Could be a bad thermostat, but can't say with 100% certainty with your description. Is this a programmable thermostat? Was it working fine 4 days ago?
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Have you changed the batteries?
    Is it an analog thermostat and is 12 hours off?

If it is a analog thermostat, has one of the setting pins fallen off?
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Is this an apartment, or your home?
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Just going by your picture you don't need any heat at night. Yowsa!
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    If the heat only seems to come on at the same time every night, I would lean towards the t-stat not programed correctly. If you can get me some numbers on your particular model and we'll see what we can do.
    Unclejohn,.....the woman needs help, try to stick to the topic. The Idea is to make people comfortable in coming to this site with questions, not the other way around.

Mike T.
    CanuckerGordy
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Check the thermostat clock setting, and make sure the AM/PM is not reversed. This is one good reason to use a 24 hour setting!
    I think some of these digital thermostats can get "reprogramed" by static discharge.--NBC
    icesailorZman
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Depnding on the thermostat model there should be an over ride feature until you get things figured out. As stated above the thermostats make, and model, or picture will help us find instructions on how to program it in case you dont have them.