Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Christmas list

Options
Since I have been a moderately good boy this year I am requesting the following items from Santa, either under the tree, or even better, on the boiler:
1. A wireless thermostat, with remote temperature sensors, able to connect with the boiler, either wirelessly, or through the house wiring (think old Radio Shack plug and talk intercoms). Some buildings have too much stone and brick to get a clear signal from one end to another. The sensors should be able to be averaged, or used singly as a high limit.
2. A piping arangement on the equalizer, and returns which acts as an oil trap (auto-skimmer). If every hour of firing, it separated out 1% of the surface oils, in a few weeks, the water would be clean. Piped in conjunction with the float type lwco, the oil would be emptied with every flush.
3. An idiot light for every safety on the boiler, to indicate which one is locking the burner out.
4. Main vents, with a visible open-closed indicator.
has anyone got some other items for his list?--NBC

Comments

• General
    General Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Sounds reasonable to me....
  • Ba11zooka
    Ba11zooka Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Wirelessly controlled radiator vents, tied into the aforementioned wireless thermostat, coupled with a sophisticated algorithm to allow the system to self-balance the venting rates to synchronize steam at the rads or allow for focusing heat in rooms needing heat on the fly.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Good idea!
    Let's hope the elves are starting their work right now.
    I know that I will be paying particular attention to "Santa Tracker", on the NORAD radar system. Let's hope He doesn't get buzzed by those troublesome Russian Bombers, testing the system for accuracy, (just like Oresident Putin to Grinch up Christmas!--NBC
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    Now here is the question I have. Does santa do the install or do you? I personally just want the "stuff" so I can do my own installation. Never know Santa might be a knucklehead. :)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    No he is an expert, and a regular contributor here under an assumed name-beginning with "S"--NBC
    MarkS
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options

No he is an expert, and a regular contributor here under an assumed name-beginning with "S"--NBC

He's not a dead man but he is getting up there in years. :)