Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Newly installed Weil Mclain CGt install with CI radiators - Part 2 (It's running!)

Options
R2.0
R2.0 Member Posts: 99
I originally posted in this forum last year when I was contemplating this install Here and the responses gave me a lot to think about. After many long delays it's in, and now I am in the "tuning" phase. Before people ask why the installer didn't do a proper startup, I purchased the boiler as "pre-owned" but still in the crate and I paid an installer to do the piping (gas and water), which was done to my satisfaction. Everything else was on me.

First question: the boiler has Weil Mclane 1107-1 controller I cannot find a separate manual for this. Does anyone know if one exists? My specific interest is being able to command the circ pump on for diagnostic/service reasons. It's still shoulder season conditions around here and the thermostat is not always demanding heat.

Second, someone in the previous thread mentioned using an old electric hot water tank as a buffer tank to prevent short cycling. Can someone point me to a diagram or plan for this? Most of the ones I've seen use a tank with 4 tappings - 2 high, 2 low - for storage and hydraulic separation. HW Heater isn't quite like that.

Thanks in advance

R2.0

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Sorry I missed this posting (I am very busy). Contact me at gastc@cox.net I have what you are looking for.
  • R2.0
    R2.0 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    No problem. I appreciate the time the professionals put into this board, especially in educating those of us who know enough to know that others know far more than we will ever know. :smile:

Email sent.