Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warm weather boiler operation

Techman
Techman Member Posts: 2,144
How do you run a cond boiler in the summer ,for troubleshooting a left over "no heat" from last winter? This is a new customer. This is on a system w/ a TT Prestige Solo110 w/ a tekmar 361 control, my 1st TT boiler. Bypass WWSD , reset the heat curves? I'm not looking for the "test mode", Tks.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Just disconnect one of the wires to the OD sensor. Temporarily, of course.
    If you're referring to the 361, I'd temporarily jumper the "T T" ( or however they're marked) terminals on the control.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    RobG
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Definitely agree with Bob, otherwise you will be running up and down stairs to the thermostat trying to troubleshoot. As well, you don't have to change any settings. What is the problem? No heat is kind of ambiguous. Don't you just love it when people wait all summer to fix a problem from the previous winter. You might want to check on why they switched from their previous company.

Rob
  • Techman
    Tks. This will be the 2nd winter for this system, only problem is Master Bath. Electrical contractor and his wife were the GC, place looks good. My 1st time there,so I took notes and downloaded all the info on this 11zone system. I just spent 12hrs reading , taking notes, studying, and mastering the whole ball of wax. So, on Monday I get to use that info instead of flapping jaws.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    11 zones? That doesn't sound good with a mod/con unless the place is humongous. That will cause short cycling unless a buffer tank is used.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    The 361 is an odd choice a mod/con. It is really designed to maximize the efficiency of a conventional boiler not a mod/con.
    The tekmar controllers that are meant for mod/cons use 0-10 vdc control. What you have on the boiler end of things is likely 2 controllers fighting with each other.
    If I understand correctly you only have one zone malfunctioning? If so the problem is likely not with the triangle tube or the tekmar.
    Carl

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    That 12 hours I hope you will be able to recoup.With twelve zone you will get to be
    the first to add a buffer tank to a modcon.lol
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Since the electrical contractor was the GC god only knows how over-engineered the system is. Take some photos and post them, maybe it can be "dumbed down" a bit.

Rob
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    RobG said:

Since the electrical contractor was the GC god only knows how over-engineered the system is. Take some photos and post them, maybe it can be "dumbed down" a bit.

Rob

However much you might think the system is over engineered and over thought out, multiply that by 10.

And good luck figuring out how it was wired.

IMO, an electrical contractor building his own house and acting as his own GC is sort of like Neurosurgeon operating on his own back to resolve a herniated disk and nerve pain.

RobG
  • Techman
    edited September 2014
    Thanks all. I will get some pic's. The 361 controls Zone 2-3-4 thru actuator's, and Zones 6-7-8-9-10 thru Zone valves . Then the next three zones, Z1(garage ) has a mixing valve, Z5(foyer, dining, living rm and kitchen)also has a mixing valve and last is Z11(fan coil,only as a standby) which is fed out of the primary loop.All zones use an Astro 230 circ. All zones ( except fan coil) use 1/2" pex, 3 z's have 300'( 1z has 1 loop, 1z has 2-loops and the 3rd z has 5-loops), 3 z's have 275' ( 2z have 1 loop and 3rd has 3 loops) ,1 z has 225', 1 z has 175' and 2 z's have 125'( 1z has 1 loop and the 2nd z has 3 loops)
    I'm sure that I can not recoup all of those 12 hrs,as a few of them were "refresher" hrs, such as Dan's "Hydronic Radiant Heating" & Taco's "Strictly Radiant" class. But the rest of those 6-7 hrs sure are charageable.