Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

T-Stat

KCA_2
KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
Hi Guys...

Who has a T-Stat that goes below 50degF?   Even 40degF maybe...

Thanks....
:-) Ken

Comments

• Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    Setpoint Controller

You can use the tekmar 150 setpoint controller. Use the slab sensor not in the slab, but in a wall box or such. Setpoint Operation: -40 to 239+F

Dave H.
    Dave H
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    edited May 2013
    Uponor

the old A3030101 if it is still around. Nice for garages 38-98F freeze protection 38-39F I think you can set a high and low limit also.

www.uponorpro.com/~/media/Files/Technical%20Documents/Specifications%20and%20Submittals/NRadiant%20Heating/Zoning%20Controls/A303010x_Thermostat_03%2005%202009.aspx?sc_lang=en
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • cattledog
    cattledog Member Posts: 60
    Tekmar 150

Good call Dave. I use a Tekmar 150 and with a set point of 34 F to control a heater which keeps a greenhouse just above freezing. I have the slab sensor hanging in the air among some plants.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    Setpoint Controller

I have also used this in car wash "ice prevention" projects. Its not for snowmelt (you wouldn't get your car washed when snowing!!) But the water dripping off the cars can freeze the entrance ramp.

Dave H.
    Dave H
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    There used to be

a version of the good old Honeywell T87 which went down that far.  Don't know if it's still available...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    Thank you

All for the information...  They all are available and I'll order one..

:-)
    :-) Ken
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Uphonor

The other nice thing about the uponor is that you can lock out the high and low. Perfect for places where people meddle with t-stats.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.