Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

connection of wood boiler to oil boiler

I have recently connected a wood boiler to an existing oil boiler in a loop in floor radiant hot water heating system.  I need to know where the supply from the wood boiler into the oil boiler should be in relation to the circulator on the oil boiler, there is also a circulator on the return side of the wood boiler.  Currently the supply from the wood boiler is above the circulator on the oil boiler return side, the heat with the wood boiler going, is pretty much uncontrollable, I expect what is happening is the hot water from the wood is feeding back through the return lines and dispensing the heat even when the thermostat is not calling for it.  I am also having an excessive amount of air in the system, I expect this is all related to the supply pipe & circulator?

Confused system 

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Pictures?

What type of wood boiler do you have?

Pictures of all your boiler room piping would be helpful.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Also...

Did you connect an unpressurized wood boiler directly to your pressurized house system?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Oh Boy

You have made yourself a home made bomb just ticking away until is explodes. Suggest you read the attached for starters and then get professional help..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.