Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wiring a control

Options
in place on an oil fired boiler is a L8124C aq controller and all the relays are honeywell RA89A.One  of the 89A relays are wired to the L8124 on the TT and the CC terminals !!!! This boiler will only go to high temp when that zone is calling for heat

I'm not sure if the 89A can stay in place? Can't find any wiring diagram with the L8124 and a 89A. All diagrams are showing a RA845. This installation does have a indirect storage tank for DHW.

The ZC and ZR terminals are not connected.

I may have to just add a taco 505 relay and do away with all the 89A relays

Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks in advance,   Duff

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    More Details

Do you have zone circs or zone valves(2 or 4 wire)? How many? I assume you wired the aquastat  the same as he old one? The 89a is pretty limited.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Duff
    Duff Member Posts: 61
    Options
    hi Zman

4 cirulator zones, 3 for heating and one for DHW.for a storage tank.

Yes I wired the new L8124C the same as what was there. I thought the relays were R845 so was gonna use the ZC and ZR but when I pulled the cover from the relay my whole idea changed.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    504-4

Bummer,

I would scrap the individual r86 relays and put in the Taco 504-4. It will allow DHW priority if needed.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Duff
    Duff Member Posts: 61
    Options
    thanks Carl

I agree with you, thanks for getting back to me. I sent Honeywell an e-mail with my question and I'll let ya know what they have to say when and if they respond.

The taco box is the right move, there haven't been any upgrades on this job for 15 years so it's long overdue, Thanks again for the help,

Duff
This discussion has been closed.