Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Some prayers needed PLEASE !

Gordy
Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    I'm just a lurker here some may know me most may not. But I need all the help I can get. My wife, and youngest daughter were involved in a horrific car crash last Thur. on their way back from the orientation of the University my daughter hopefully will still attend.  A driver lost control, and ended up in my wife's path head on sideways in front of her at highway speed. The said driver a young 19 year old girl was killed on impact.

My wife, and daughter received extensive trauma from seat belt injuries with my daughter getting the worst of it with head trauma. There is improvement everyday it will be a long road to recovery for both.

The Angels were with them as there happend to be an off duty EMT "named Angel", and the Fire Chief for district 2 along with others who pulled them from the vehicle minutes before it burned up.  If it had been people who will not go beyond a simple 911 call they would have certainly perished also. There were those type of people at the seen.

We take for granted how lucky we are to have the rescue workers that we do circulating the landscape. They are so modest in thanking them for what they did. For them its not a job, but a way of life on, or off duty. They are in the works of getting commendations for what they did, and hopefully do because had it not been for them I would be minus half of my family.

If any of you are such volunteer fire rescue workers Kudos to your way of life, and thanks for all you do.

My wife is a war horse her recovery though months is certain. As for my daughter with her head trauma she came by helicopter as a 3 on the gloscow coma scale was responding to commands the day after the accident, and is now a 10,  and still on a ventilator.

Not looking for sympathy, but only the power of prayer, and thoughts to get my ladies back to where they were before the accident. You always read about such situations that happen to others, and try to imagine what you would do if it happend to you........not even close when you see your baby come in by helicopter to the hospital. Things are caotic so if I don't post for a while I thank you all.

Gordy

Comments

• MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Prayers

Prayers heading your way Gordy, we hope your family is doing well, and hope for a quick recovery
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Prayers

My familys prayers are with you and your family.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Done and done...

Gordy,

Our thoughts are with you and yours in your time of need. Keep talking and touching your daughters hand. The power of speech and touch is amazing, and people who have survived this type of trauma have said that the fact that people were talking to them and holding their hand was instrumental in their recovery.

She can hear you even though she might not respond.

Keep your strong faith strong....

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Prayers

Gordy, I have lifted you, your wife and your daughter in prayer. I'm confident the lord will heal them with his loving healing power. Stay strong my friend.
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    done

I will keep you and your family in my thought's and prayers. Make sure to take care of yourself in the coming days.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    let us know

if there is anything we can do to help. We will be praying and pulling for you and your family

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Gordy you are in my prayers

along with a prayer group that I lead on a weekly basis. Jesus is the great physician and the bible gives us hope that "By His (Jesus) stripes we are healed".
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    Sorry, Gordy.

We've been there with our daughter Meg. Hit head-on on her way to to her summer job, just before starting college. Worst day of my life. She recovered fully, as I hope and pray your girls will.

Hug your kids.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    Add to the kist

Lois & I send best wishes for a speedy recovery and will keep them in our thoughts & prayers.
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    prayers

Said and on our prayer chain list....wishing you peace and comfort through this ordeal...remember, He promised that He will never give us anything we can't handle with His help. We will prayer for a speedy and complete recovery for your wife and daughter.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    edited July 2011
    Gordy

Please know that we are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.  I've seen remarkable recoveries from such injuries and hope for a speedy and very good recovery for your family.  If you don't know about CaringBridge,    (http://www.caringbridge.org/)   it might be something to look into. 

Larry
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Hearts and Prayers

Gordy, Heart and Prayers from my family to yours. I feel your pain and there is nothing worse. My son was born 3 months early, under 2lbs and was told he wouldn't make it. Prayer and faith guided the way. He will be 4 in Sept with no effects from his fight so keep the faith.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Praying and Will Continue

Gordy,

Your precious wife and daughter are in our prayers and will continue to be.

I can only imagine the burden and concern that you're under. As you can see, there are many here that care and are praying. It's good to have friends; and remember: "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Prov. 18:24) - The Lord Jesus Christ Himself.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Gordy

from my family to yours. Our prayers are going out to you and your family
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: thoughts and prayers

My wife and I send you all our best thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery. We are not really prayer people but maybe this is a good place to start. Get well to all. Tim
  • Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 96
    Prayers to You

Prayers going out to you and your precious ladies, Gordy.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,272
    Gordy

You are their advocate, so trust your instincts and KNOW they will get better. It works. Those who frequent The Wall are an amazing bunch of folks. I've experienced the benefit of their care and it's nothing short of a miracle.  You've come to the right place.

Yours,  Larry
  • Gordy
    edited July 2011
    THANK YOU ALL!!

Thoughts, and prayers are working!  My wife was released yesterday. Most of her injuries will heal on their own in 6-8 weeks with no surgeries, which entail 3 broken ribs, broken toes, cracked pelvis, and cracked c-6. My daughter is doing better. She will have surgery on her broken fibula Mon., and orbital facial fracture Tue. Then its wean her off the ventilator to see how she responds to that. Her abdominal trauma is doing well she will have a colostomy for 2-3 months which is reversible. 

The trauma doctor seems to be optimistic my daughter will leave the hospital on crutches. For me seeing is believing, and I have high hopes for the best, and prepare for the worst frame of mind.

I told God the day of the accident if he would watch over my girls, and get them through this I would never ask another favor for me the rest of my life. I truly look at my diciest loved ones as guardian angles.....They were all their that day, and still are in their recovery.

Dan our scenarios are similar with your Meg. Its so hard for me to watch her lay there wondering what she is thinking, and feeling. I feel so helpless, I want to take her place. Kalenna was suppose to start college in a month. It hurt to post pone to spring semester I felt as though I was deciding her outcome. Kalenna wants to be an occupational therapist. When she gets through all of the healing I can't think of a better experience to assist her in excelling in this field.

I always follow your law " Hug your kids".

Again thanks to all for your support ! It means so much!

Gordy
  • Gordy
    edited July 2011
    UPDATE

As of July 8th my Sandy has returned home from the hospital to recover from her injuries.

My daughter Kalenna had the ventilator removed Fri. She is doing well writing on paper short messages. Right side is functioning well. Left side not so well. The ventilator removal was the big step of many to come. Her mind is there long term memory, knows everyone. Does not realise there was an accident, and wondering what happend. She wants her best friend to stay the night at the hospital.

Thanks everyone again for your thoughts, and prayers!!

Gordy 
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    You got em

In my prayers.  Mad Dog
  • eveready
    eveready Member Posts: 4
    In our prayers

I will keep you in my prayers every day hope all turns out well
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Praise the lord!

Thank you for the update, Gordy. I’ll continue to pray.
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Continued Prayers Gordo.

My family and I are with you in prayer.  I, myself, suffered a serious head trauma from a car accident almost 20 yrs ago now.  The days and weeks surrounding the accident never came back, but over time, everything else did.  She is a trooper.

Keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.