Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquast relay Ll814G

Hi guys.

I have a old american stranded gas furnace that craped out.

I have had a serviceman look at it last season he changed the gas valve,it ran a month and now it's dead again, I called him he said it must be the valve again?.

Being a heavy equipment mechanic for 40 years, i figured I would check it out myself.I can read a volt meter.

This is what I have aquastat relay L1814g 

When I test the thermostat  lugs TV and T .27 volts  I can hear it working when I work the thermostat.

Testing circulator  C1 and C2 121 volts

Testing L1 and L2 121 volts

The B1 and B2 are dead .

My Question is what voltage should I have at the B1 and B2?

My next question is I have done a search and can not find the G model is the J a replacement?

Thanks for looking  John

Comments

• Bigcat
    Bigcat Member Posts: 6
    Aquast relay

Sorry for the triple post , I keep solving the math problem:)

Would one of the moderators please clean it up.

thanks John 
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    edited February 2011
    The L814G is used with

a powerpile self generating gas valve. Does you repair man understand "Powerpile" Systems? if not he may be replacing a gas valve that has nothing wrong with it.

There will by the way be no power at B1 and B2 as they are isolated contacts and must be powered externally.

The replacement for the L8148G is the L8148J Universal Self Generating or 24 volt relay.

If you go up to the task bar on this site and click resources, then click library and look for "Tim's Closet" there is a powerpile troubleshooting procedure there.

If you have any problems give me a call at 401-437-0557 or e-mail at gastc@cox.net
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2011
    Millivolt

Sounds like you have a millivolt system. You can try jumping "TV and T" together. If the burner fires, then your problem is your t'stat, wiring or the milivolt pilot generator.

Is there a switch on the upper left hand side of the outside of the control? If so, turning it on would also fire the burner for gravity flow.

You should have a pro who knows "powerpile" systems check it out.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Thanks Bob for kicking

that up.
  • Bigcat
    Aquast relay L1814G

This is what I got guys last try before I hire a pro.

test was done with unit turned on and pilot lit.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks for looking John.

PP                            TH

O                               O  Top PP to top TH with B2 wire 63

O  

PP TH with B1 and Auto pilot wire to top TH 74.4

Bottom PP TH  to top PP 140      
  • Bigcat
    Aquast relay L1814

This is what I got guys last try before I hire a pro.

test was done with unit turned on and pilot lit.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks for looking John.

PP                            TH

O                               O  Top PP to top TH with B2 wire 63

O  

PP TH with B1 and Auto pilot wire to top TH 74.4

Bottom PP TH  to top PP 140      
This discussion has been closed.