Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Documentation

Options
I believe that Mark and many others are absolutely right in their assessment of the Co awareness issue. It seems that those who should know the most about it (the so-called professionals) take it least seriously.

What I'm wanting is this: can someone who has done more research than I have post some documentation as to the actual number of deaths, incidents, near deaths, etc. from Co poisoning. Perhaps some government report(s), study, etc. People seem to take these more seriously than our warnings.

Thanks
Bob Boan
You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    The US Center for Disease Control...

A respectable resource.

http://ephtracking.cdc.gov/showCarbonMonoxideLanding.action

Thanks for your interest and spreading the word. Education is KEY. Not just of the consumer, but also contractors.

I am just wrapping up on a major mechanical room review for an engineering firm and did not find 1 boiler without CO issues. Some of them serious (> 3000 ppm with spillage occurring). Some old, some brand new...

This issue will eventually affect anyone who works with flame, which is pretty much everyone that visits this board.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes thank you for your concern

the more we have on this bandwagon the better.

I have been dealing with Carbon Monoxide issues since 1956 when I was a junior in high school.I worked part time for an coal, oil, gas company in south western PA. I first saw the results of what CO could do when a family was over come from a stove in their kitchen that were using for heat because they could not afford to buy any coal for there furnace.

We have come a long way since then and folks like Jim Davis, Mark Hunt and Mark Eatherton, Rudy Leatherman and many others who post here have championed the cause.

Two things will bring a halt to this tragic situation mandates for CO detectors in every home and business and education of both the trades and the customers we serve.

I am sure you get some real good statistics from Jim Davis and also George Kerr at www.coexperts.com
This discussion has been closed.