Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aireflo Furnace starts but then stops

Options
bencov3
bencov3 Member Posts: 3
Hello,

I have a gas furnace by Aireflo.  The blower motor will start up for about 5-10 seconds then stop.  The gas never gets going and thus no fire or heat. 

I am just a home owner with no heater experience.  I am trying to save some money and figure this out myself.  I opened up one of the panels to check the fuse on the board and found that the fuse was good but that there was a red light blinking,.  I am guessing that this is some kind of fault code???  It blinks 4 times then pauses and blinks 4 more times.  It does this repetitively.  The part number on the board is 1012-968.

I guess my next step is to call a professional to help me if I can't figure out the problem myself. 

Any help you can give me and quickly is greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Code

The furnace manual or sometimes the wiring diagram on the door will tell you what the code means.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • bencov3
    Options
    No Manual

I don't have a manual and I don't see anything on the door that references the fault codes.  Any other ideas?
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Try shutting off

the power to the furnace and wait a minute and then turn the power back on. The four flash code on that board sometimes flashes if there was an interruption of power or other electrical issues.If it does not come back to the flash code then cycle it on and off a few times from the thermostat.

If the flash code keeps coming back the board may need to be replaced, then call a pro and let them help you from there.
  • bencov3
    Options
    High Limit Circuit Open

Okay, so I haven't had a chance to try to the power down like Tim mentioned.  I will do that tonight. 

I was able to find the fault codes and 4 flashes says that the High Limit Circuit is Open.  Is there a switch or breaker that needs to be flipped or is there a fuse that needs to be replaced in order to close the circuit?

I really don't want to pay the price of a service call if the guy is just going to flip a switch.

Thanks.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    That could be any one

of a number of switches on your furnace such as blocked vent switch, flame roll out switch, furnace high limit or the auxiliary limit. I would advise getting a pro to look at it to be safe as limits shutting the system off could be an indication of something wrong with combustion side of the furnace.
This discussion has been closed.