Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I need help!

captbuderus_2
captbuderus_2 Member Posts: 23
I have a Utica model UH15BO70 FEN Nat. gas boiler that ever since new is going off on "lockout" and the only way to restore heat is to cycle the power.   done , Gas psi is 8" wc static 7" with unit running (street side of valve) 3.5" wc on burner side.draft is -.04 wc and it has a twin beside it that has not missed a beat since installed, the both vent to a lined, 6" flue the vents are alsmost identical in lenght # of ells. Per myself and the tech line this is what has been done to date,

new pilot burner ****,new gas valve and harness, orfice has been checked/cleaned on every call, vent damper operation verified as I have always have had power to b1 b2 of the argo control and to ignition mod. that is standard equip.  we have swapped out ignition controls from unit to unit.

This has been an intermittant problem but it has been getting worse with the colder weather. Any sugguestions on where I can go from here?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    A couple of more things you might check

1. Make sure you have a good ground connection all the way back to the service panel. A loose or corroded ground will impede the current path causing the ignition module to sense a flame failure. It goes through the ground to the neutral at the panel and back to the module.

2. Check the flame rod alignment and make sure it is clean of rust and that the porcelain is not cracked. Measure the flame current with a good DMM and compare to ignition module manufacturer's specs.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Give me some numbers

on controls especially the module. Get in touch with me by email at gastc@cox.net with your postal address and I will send you my checkout for all systems which should help find the problem. I can also e-mail it to you.

Question, all the things that have been changed why were they changed?
  • captbuderus_2
    captbuderus_2 Member Posts: 23
    re I need help

The ground(s) were checked and verified, the pilot burner was replaced as a whole unit, the burner,pilot line sensing rod ect. But I will check the flame sensing current
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I e-mailed you

a checkout procedure and some other instructions. Let me know how you make out.
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    may I add -

the requirement to check the neutral side of the 120 v side and transformer phasing as well. A loose neutral causes more grief ----
This discussion has been closed.