Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prayers Needed

13»

Comments

• Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    I'm very sorry about your loss Mike.

Our hopes and prayers are with you to help give you the strength for getting yourself through this tragic loss and troubling situation.
  • Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Mike

You have my deepest sympathies. It is really tough to lose your Dad, whatever the circumstances. I miss and think of my Dad everyday. Think of all the good times and let go of the bad. God bless you.

Darin
  • not alone

Don't isolate yourself & make sure you have a solid support group (in addition to this one!).

Our sympathies on your loss and prayers for continued strength while dealing with the issues.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Mike

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and yours. Please know that you and your dad are in my thoughts and many friends are here for you.

Larry
  • so sorry

So sorry to hear about ur loss,Mike may you find peace within your heart and prayers...
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Hug the memories

The last one alive surely must feel lost on a desert island, yet we're never alone and the answers come to all the questions we ask. Our fathers stand by our side.

All the painful drama might even prove to be just what's needed as far as understanding all that is happening. Meanwhile, I hope you'll all find peace and acceptance; in spite of the public forum, it all remains a highly personal emotion.

Mike, best wishes for your strength. It's hard.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    THANK YOU ALL!

Very greatly appreciated.

Today has been surreal with every step worse than the next. Went by to get keys and whatever else from his car. High-speed broadside centered between the driver-side doors--nobody on the driver side could have survived so at least he didn't suffer. Bloody 40-D bra with price tag on it in the passenger seat. Found his "to do" list in wallet with "[name's] bra 40D" along with school supplies and "pay [name's] internet" the final item.

Keys didn't work. Literally had to break in (on his decades long and personal friend attorney's advice) to get clothes to bury him. At least I took my mom's artwork--she was quite a good artist--and family pictures as well. Woman causing the problem has a 14-year old daugher and one of the worst things family was thinking was that she was setting him up for some kind of sex-based charge against her daughter--I said "no way". Two bedroom trailer. One bedroom set up as a girls room. Utterly no personal papers etc. He always had a specific cabinet for such and it was nowhere to be found but I wasn't breaking into "the woman's" home...

Attorney finally got hold of their decades long investment counselor. He's very recently cashed in two annuities and talked with her about changing names of other securties to "a woman". She advised him against and told attorney, "I know he's going behind my back."

From attorney: "Were they having sex?" [see original message] "She was their cleaning woman for a little while before your mom died, right?" "She had access..." "I talked with two people who know her and the first words from their mouths were, 'This isn't the first time'".

Went to church (dad was choir member for decades and always volunteering for anything) a bit later and talked to Father. Nearly his first words were "He was such a kind, generous person good to everyone." I'd been strong up till that point, but had to almost rush out and break down.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Mike

I know what it is to lose your Dad. Mine went 11 years ago this May. I'll let you know when I am over it.

You are in my prayers Mike.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    In our prayers.

Mike, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, you are in our prayers.

Larry
  • Kevin Pulver
    Kevin Pulver Member Posts: 67
    I'm sorry Mike

I remember you posting earlier about the gold-digger.
    I'm so sorry about your Dad. We've only met through this forum, but you have a friend in Nebraska. I pray that you find strength, wisdom, hope and peace in Jesus throughout this terrible ordeal. The thought that, "life goes on" sure isn't much consolation at a time like this. Kevin in Kenesaw
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    The RECENT Background

From a thread I began here on February 2, 2007 when asking for advice from people with greater and broader experience

From a Little More than 2 months ago

Family and I were extremely concerned then. Not even a quarter before she'd convinced him to sell his house, pollute his mind that the family was against her even though we'd never met and he's dead.

The bloody bra with price tag in the front seat is just too much. What normal woman EVER has a man buy her a bra?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    My prayers are with you Mike

So sorry for you loss and I know this must be heavy on your heart. He is in God's hands now and I hope you can take a little comfort in that. Peace be with you and yours.....

Mike T.
  • Bernie Riddle_2
    Bernie Riddle_2 Member Posts: 178
    difficult moment

Mike: All the kind words here are a telling tribute, for you too are a very special person,so many of us here have learned from your many in depth posts.

Always remember you are in our thoughts and prayers I hope you find comfort in these difficult days ahead.

"The sun may be shining tomorow although it looks cloudy today"

"And the darkest hour is before the dawn"

Hope you find peace and tranquillity in this difficult time

Brendan.
  • wsdave
    wsdave Member Posts: 97
    Prayers

So sorry to hear about your dad.

You are in our prayers. May the Lord be your guiding light and strength through these difficult times.

Sincerely,

Dave
  • Steve Gates_3
    Steve Gates_3 Member Posts: 27

praying for you last night and today. Will continue tru the weeks ahead. Been there.
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Mike...

I'm very sorry.

jim
    Jim Bennett
  • Kevin_54
    Kevin_54 Member Posts: 30

I'm sorry for your loss, our prayers our with you.
  • Mike sorry I am a little late

posting concerning your loss. I will certainly pray that God will comfort you in this time of loss. It is difficult enough to lose a loved one, but then to have complications added in makes it difficult to find closure.

In my capacity as a Pastor I have helped many folks in similar situations. Feel free to contact me either by e-mail or call 401-437-0557. If nothing else I am a pretty good listner.

We love you brother so hang in there, as Dan said you are not alone we are here for you.
  • Joe_76
    Joe_76 Member Posts: 34

My condolences for you and your family

Joe Billow
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Sorry

For your loss and all the troubles you are having.

You are not alone in the world, you have the wall and all the fine people who are here for you.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Lyle C
    Lyle C Member Posts: 96
    Our prayers are with you Mike

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad . Reach out to any of us, we are all bothers here . Lyle 978-957-8684
  • Lyle C
    Lyle C Member Posts: 96
    Our prayers are with you Mike

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad . Reach out to any of us, we are all bothers here . Lyle 978-957-8684
  • Kevin_54
    Kevin_54 Member Posts: 30
    Sorry

Sorry for your loss, my family will pray for yours
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Mi

We will pray for you in this troubled time. So sorry for your loss. WW

This discussion has been closed.