Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

Plainfield NJ steam consultant needed for school building

Options

I help oversee the building maintenance at a non-profit school in Plainfield NJ. One of the buildings has a large 4,500 SF auditorium over a cafeteria that is heated by a steam boiler. Ultimately the upstairs and downstairs don't heat evenly, with the basement typically running 10 degrees warmer than the upstairs. This building is 100 years old and I'm sure changes have been made to the system over the years which changed it from the original design. While I am knowledgeable on smaller residential steam systems and how to tune them, this one is beyond my ability.

I am looking for a consultant who can take a look at the building and advise how we should go about improving or fixing the system. I'm aware of the Find a Contractor page but I wasn't sure if that was the best route to go just yet and also based on this being a larger complicated system than a residential one.

Comments