Wiring help
Someone thought it funny to disconnect the wires on my furnace. Can't afford a tech, so hoping for guidance here. Thank you in advance for any help.
Comments
-
My guess is someone didn't think it was funny at all and left it off as unsafe to operate. Is that the way it was left? No wire nuts on the hot and neutral coming in? Not the way I would've done it.
Someone was there at some point to service it, correct? Do you remember being told anything as to why its been disconnected?
Is that a Miller downflow? Looks like shiny new screws and tabs for the Igniter and a newer (but still obsolete) R8184G primary. What's really going on over there? How do I know if I show you how to wire it that you'll still be alive tomorrow to tell me it worked, its got a 0 smoke, correct draft, and no, the heat exchanger is definitely not cracked? Can I get your signature on that first?
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 87.8K THE MAIN WALL
- 3.3K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 59 Biomass
- 430 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 132 Chimneys & Flues
- 2.2K Domestic Hot Water
- 6K Gas Heating
- 124 Geothermal
- 170 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3.8K Oil Heating
- 79 Pipe Deterioration
- 1.1K Plumbing
- 6.7K Radiant Heating
- 396 Solar
- 16.1K Strictly Steam
- 3.5K Thermostats and Controls
- 56 Water Quality
- 51 Industry Classes
- 51 Job Opportunities
- 18 Recall Announcements

