Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cant reset my HONEYWELL, THM6000R1002-1549 Redlink Gateway

I have a used HONEYWELL, THM6000R1002-1549 Redlink gateway that I bought at an estate auction, but it still has the deceased previous customer's information which I am unable to register it on the Honeywell site. Can someone tell me how to reset this older gateway?

Thanks, Ed

Comments

• dko
    dko Member Posts: 668

You need to call 800-633-3991 or 855-733-5465 and request to deregister the device from the previous owner's account.

giantslayer
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,885

And that could get a bit difficult, depending on whether or not they need the previous owner's permission, or a death certificate and the executor's permission…

Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,969

The MAC ID is specific to the account holder. As mentioned, contact Resideo and go through the prompts.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,062
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Jamie Hall

Um… maybe. It's not, actually. It's an account and contract. You might be surprised…

Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • dko

Technically it's just a gateway.. and Resideo is not going to interrogate you. For them, whoever physically has the gateway is the owner. They will deregister it no questions. People sell and pick these up all the time without deregistering it first.

• Jamie Hall

What happens to the information collected on their servers? To whom does that belong? Who has access to it? Under what conditions?

These may possibly be trivial questions — or they may not. They may apply in different ways to different devices and gateways.

Failure to think about these questions does not protect from potential consequences.

Br. Jamie, osb
  • dko
    edited July 27

The information would be tied to the account. The account doesn't disappear if a device is deregistered.

Honestly, I think it is very trivial with gateways and even routers. Router from your ISP has the admin login/pw stickered on the device itself. Anyone can reset the device and use it.

I can understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think it applies to a thermostat gateway.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,062
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,969

I'm not very computer savvy, but as far as I know, the Gateway is just a router that is only connected to devices YOU connect to it, which is limited to the thermostat, wired and wireless sensors, and equipment interfaces. It's in no way connected to your home or business internet. I believe these are safer than a typical WiFi thermostat. A typical WiFi thermostat, you need to enter the Network and password of your carrier. Not so with this.

How Resideo knows the old account is definitely no longer in use, I have no idea.

• giantslayer
    giantslayer Member Posts: 2

Hi guys, I was able to use the numbers provided by dko and contact a technical help guy for Resideo, who bought out Honeywell, who sent me a link to click on to open the visual connection and he was able to give instructions to remove the previous customer from the unit and basically reset all functions to default. I appreciate everyone's input on this. dko was right. Thank you so much!

The numbers were:

You need to call 800-633-3991 or 855-733-5465 and request to deregister the device from the previous owner's account.

ChrisJHVACNUTratio