Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Value engineering.....

Options

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,964
    Options

So you removed a bad idea and replaced it with both a hot and cold tap. Nice Work!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,063
    Options

Hose for front lawn hose for back. Mad Dog

• reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 522
    Options

How do you remember which is which ? Wouldn't it be better to use different colored handles ?

One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,589
    Options

Dont laugh too hard. I have a spigot like the first photo. I belly crawled into a tight portion of our crawl space, drilled at the highest point on the sill,just below the floor, and came out about an inch above ground level. Cant use a frost proof spigot that low so, for thirty years, i have the first photo. Except, my spigot doesnt face the wall. So, mine is better!

Mad Dog_2PC7060
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,743
    Options

No frost free sillcocks?

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    mattmia2
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,716
    Options
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,063
    Options

I'm big on Wolverine Brass FF sillcocks, but we weren't opening the basement ceiling. This was just a quicker fix. Mad Dog

ChrisJ
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,589
    Options

The spigot would be in the dirt.

PC7060