Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I have considered hiring a plumber to take a look. Would that solve the problem?

UWSwanigan
UWSwanigan Member Posts: 1
edited February 10 in Plumbing
A friend recommended that I look into getting a new boiler. He noted that my boiler seemed to be inefficient. My friend stayed at my house in Denver for a week while I was away at a business event. When I returned, they told me the heating system wasn’t working as well as it should, and they noted how long it took my water to heat up.
I noted the same problem in the past, but I just put it down to my impatience. What should I do with this information?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,691
    What type of boiler, how old, and what type of heat emitters? A pic of the boiler if you can.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Ironman
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 2,122
    Is your friend a professional? If so, the value of his opinion is surely favorable.

This is a issue where you will need to measure the value of an up-grade to the cost of repairs to your system that (might) help improve your current system.

Do you have a company that services your system? Check with them first and weigh the possibilities.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,046
    A friend recommended that I look into getting a new boiler. He noted that my boiler seemed to be inefficient. My friend stayed at my house in Denver for a week while I was away at a business event. When I returned, they told me the heating system wasn’t working as well as it should, and they noted how long it took my water to heat up. I noted the same problem in the past, but I just put it down to my impatience. What should I do with this information?
    Domestic HW or hydronic hot water?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,427
    edited February 10
    “My friend said my Chevy is too slow.”

Everything stated is subjective with no solid reference point.

Did my friend just step out of his Ferrari and drive my Chevy? Is my Chevy a 1962 pickup with a 100 hp engine or a 425 hp Z28? You get the picture.

Hydronic systems have a much slower response time than forced air, but deliver much better comfort.

We need much better specifics like hot_rod asked for in order to be able to give you an accurate answer.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.