Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Williamson gas steam boiler plugs

Options
STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,974
Has anyone noticed a change with these plugs over the last few years? Until a few years ago, maybe 2 years or so, the plugs came out relatively easily. I am talking about the second 3" supply tapping plug and the second two and a half inch return tapping plug. Lately they have been nearly impossible to get out. Thanks. 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,567
    Options
    Probably driving them in with an impact.

I saw recently where Wylain Company owns Weil McLain and Williamson maybe I am the only one that didn't know that. I knew Williamson boilerers were Weil Mclain
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,974
    Options
    Don't know who owns what. But as far as I know , they are the same exact same boiler, with different jacket and different price tag. The Williamson block says Weil Mclain in it. The specs are exactly the same. Down to the ounce. As far as I know, you can't actually find Williamson parts. You need to get Weil Mclain parts. I could be wrong about this last point. The Williamson does not come with the tankless coil option. 
  • pjc_2
    pjc_2 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Had the same issue with a Weil-Mclain EG-50 this past summer. Could not remove the right side return plug. Used a 36" pipe wrench with an extension. Plug would not budge. Called Weil-Mclain and was told they would get back to me. Still waiting on that. Solved the problem by using Peerless Boilers which come with no plugs. Incidentally, had the same problem with New Yorker boilers.