Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Check out this handy Plastic Pipe Design Calculator

Erin Holohan Haskell
Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,347
edited November 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
Our friends at the Plastics Pipe Institute have created this free plastic pipe design calculator. Its applications include plumbing, water service, fire protection, hydronic piping (liquids), radiant heating and cooling, snow and ice melting, geothermal ground loops, district heating, and turf conditioning. Learn more here.

President
HeatingHelp.com

pecmsgEdTheHeaterManMad Dog_2Alan (California Radiant) ForbesTeemokDerheatmeisterIntplm.

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 2,122
    WHAT!? No way!?
    This is excellent. Thanks @Erin Holohan Haskell for posting this.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,326
    edited November 2023
    We will never need a System Syzer ® again. Farewell Gill, You and your slide rule will be missed.

This reminds me of Mr. Weaver who used to work for my Father. He calculating Degree Days for Automatic delivery customers, on a Slide Rule. He showed me how it works for making math problems easier to figure when I was about 10 years old. He was about 80 years old. When he retired, the folks from IBM showed up with a bunch of big gray machines and boxes of cards with holes in them to replace him.

Now all we need is a robot that can do the work of installing those pipes.

EDIT: this calculator is pretty awesome @Erin Holohan Haskell

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Awesome..Thank you for passing this on Erin...Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,972
    Neat! Wish I'd had that years ago... And nicely done and thought out interface, too. Not always the case.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • swvawethead
    swvawethead Member Posts: 205
    Thank you!

Been wanting to figure out a way to repurpose two B&G Series 100 red and brass circulators after replacing with Taco 007/0015 - hate for them to go to waste.
    Would be strictly DIY tinkering for maybe small scale snow melt, solar hotwater panels, etc.