Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is there an online version of ACCA's Manual J(8)?

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,265
Or do I really have to spend $165 on a big heavy book that I'll put on my shelf and never ever use. Ever.
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,703
    Wright Soft, has electronic Manual J based but it is more expensive. They suggest Right Draw be used also.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,265
    hot_rod said:

it is more expensive

Ouch!

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 873
    edited September 2023
    There used to be a trail version, I was able to do a full blown calculation with this back in 2016. I'll see if I can find a link.

I think I still have the old manuals from the late 1980's somewhere when I was trained. Been a while since I actually used them.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    I have ACCA spreadsheets I got from Ed Janowick (sp) I can send you. Might be all you need. If you or anyone wants them, send me a PM with your email address and I can send them out tomorrow afternoon.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Ironman
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 873
    I may have just found an 30 day trail version.

Something like this may work. https://www.avenir-online.com/AvenirWeb/LoopCAD/LoopCADTrial.aspx

I have paid for LoopCAD in the past and have found it to be very useful. We don't need this depth of information much lately, but when you do it is one of the best in my opinion. You could spend a lot of time entering all of the parameters and comparing the results with different inputs.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,775
    edited September 2023
    JohnNY , go to Lennoxpros.com and they have coolcalc manual J on their web site. You sign up for free online account. Its an approved approved manual J and pretty good. With sign up of course you will get a list of their equipment but thats ok. Attached is what the sample report looks like I ran.
    Tim
    ratioGGross