Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pridom Split AC

Options
We have an older Pridom system, 3 zone, using 2 zones. The LCD screen is out, either damaged by water or eaten by mice, I do not know. All I know is I can push the reset button to get the tones and get the fan to start turning on low. Nothing from the remote changes anything, so I am thinking that screen is a full controller. Either way, I am trying to find a diagram for the PWM123HX indoor unit to see if I can get a wall thermostat to open and close the solenoids outside.

So does anyone know what happened to Pridom, if some other company bought them or if Pridom was just some renamed system that I might be able to either order the LCD or learn the wiring to run a regular thermostat?

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,866
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Thats the problem with knock off minis. Little if any tech support. 
    My search turned up nothing 
    Ironman
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 603
    edited August 2023
    Options
    They were a small company in NJ that imported directly for their own company use and did a little wholesale. They were installation contractors first and foremost. "Disappeared" years ago, which means they are just operating under another business name after something happened.

They are unmodified restickered midea units, will be interchangeable with any midea components.
    Midea, Cooper Hunter, Bosch Climate, and some others will be identical. Take a look at their older units and will most likely find one that's identical to yours.

Generic troubleshooting guide for your unit from Pridiom attached. You can see they just used a midea manual as the units in the photos have midea logos on them.
    GGross
  • anotheridiot
    anotheridiot Member Posts: 2
    Options
    dko said:

They were a small company in NJ that imported directly for their own company use and did a little wholesale. They were installation contractors first and foremost. "Disappeared" years ago, which means they are just operating under another business name after something happened.

They are unmodified restickered midea units, will be interchangeable with any midea components.
    Midea, Cooper Hunter, Bosch Climate, and some others will be identical. Take a look at their older units and will most likely find one that's identical to yours.

Generic troubleshooting guide for your unit from Pridiom attached. You can see they just used a midea manual as the units in the photos have midea logos on them.

Thank you for the information. There is no chance to get another controller, circuit boards or anything from a unit more than 10 years old, but learning what might work together has also been expensive. Just understanding how one signal wire is able to control four different modes of auto, cool, heat and defrost is enough to get ones head spinning. That seems to be the issue of trying to install a different indoor unit that can function with a remote. The only thing that remotely makes sense is the signal wire is supplying different voltage to control or reverse the flow of refrigerant for heat. Right now no matter what I do the original indoor unit on zone 1 works all the time, 2 has never worked right. I guess its time to replace everything again.