Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sanyo mini split

Options
I have a Sanyo c1271 compressor and a ks1271 evaporator that is having some issues.

With the temp set to as low as it can go, 60F, I'm getting 48-55F on the liquid line inside the evaporator measuring with a Fluke IR thermometer.

I'm getting an air temp around 79 coming out of the unit which is basically the temp in the room.

The suction line temp is around 84.

The unit is 15 years old. I've taken the cover off and vacuumed the evaporator coils as best I can.

I'm guessing the liquid line temp may not be getting low enough so it might need a charge. But if the line temp is around 50, shouldn't I be getting colder air from it?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,612
    Options
    Several things need to be checked. The charge, check compressor amps to see if it is pumping and clean outdoor and indoor coils.

At 15 years it may need replacement. Sanyo is no more. I think they got bought out by Panasonic.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,649
    Options
    The temperature of the liquid line, while important, isn't the a significant part of the cooling process, the actual cooling comes from liquid refrigerant boiling into gas.

Still, sounds like it's low on juice.

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,883
    Options
    What you think is a liquid line is actually the suction line. 

Worried about the charge pull it out and weigh it!
  • cheftim_2
    cheftim_2 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. System was at 50lbs. Charged it back to 125 and have a cool bedroom again. Hopefully it lasts the rest of the hot season here. Replacing later this fall.
    WMno57
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,649
    Options
    Refrigerant doesn't get used up, it only ever leaks out.

Leaks never get better, only worse.

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,768
    edited August 2023
    Options
    cheftim_2 said:

Thanks for the feedback. System was at 50lbs. Charged it back to 125 and have a cool bedroom again. Hopefully it lasts the rest of the hot season here. Replacing later this fall.

That doesn't mean anything to anyone that should actually be working on refrigeration equipment.

The charge should have been pulled and weighed back in.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • pecmsg
    Options
    cheftim_2 said:
    And your licensed to use refrigerant, hook up gauges?
    WMno57
  • pecmsg
    Options
    @WMno57
    you don’t like my response sorry. 
    He’s giving bad information that others might believe!

• cheftim_2
    cheftim_2 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    You were correct @ratio, back to blowing warm air again.

It's getting replaced this fall along with a couple of other units so it's lots of fans in the bedroom.
    Thanks for the help and comments all!