Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rest in Peace Tony Bennett...

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
Astoria Queens Boy. .Class Act  total Gentleman.  Mad Dog 🐕 
MikeL_2EBEBRATT-EdSal SantamauraSTEVEusaPAEdTheHeaterMan

Comments

• Sal Santamaura
    Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 532
    edited July 2023
    Anyone who'd like to own the definitive Tony recording, one made in conjunction with another musical legend, ought get a copy of this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UE27X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I picked one up two years ago and have enjoyed it regularly since.
    Mad Dog_2
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    That album is on Pandora. It’s remarkable. 
    Retired and loving it.
    Mad Dog_2
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,055
    Rip Tony and ThankYou for your contribution!
    Mad Dog_2
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,628
    Listening now,drink in hand.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    1986...6am...going to work at the Plaza Hotel..turn the corner at Bergdorf Goodman and go face to face with Tony...just me and him.  We both laughed, side stepped and kept going. He was dressed to kill..probably headed to The Rainbow 🌈 Room for a Breakfast gig...There's No place like NYC... Mad Dog 🐕 
    Sal Santamaura
  • Sal Santamaura
    Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 532

That album is on Pandora. It’s remarkable. 

As something of a Luddite, I stick with CDs, but am glad to know that 50 million people have ready access to it that way. One thing they miss out on, though, is a liner notes booklet in the two-CD set's jewel case. It has 18-1/2 pages of wonderful, Dan Holohan-like writing from Will Friedwald, who was co-author of Tony's autobiography. :)
  • Mad Dog_2
    It's funny because I was 18 and Knew the Name Tony Bennett well, but that really wasn't my Genre or Generation.  When we ran face to face, I instantly recognized him as "A Famous Crooner."  I knew he wasn't Sinatra, Dean Martin, Mario Lanza, et cetera, but when I went home and Told Mom, she pulled out a Book off the shelf and I said..."Thats Him!"  I still remember he was a smaller guy, but super fit, great tan, big smile and he had a snazzy white folded Hankerchief Thingee in his jacket pocket.  Mad Dog 🐕