Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Base-ray Baseboard Connections

Options
Hi, I am in the process of doing some remodeling that includes removing and reinstalling a Base-ray baseboard heater. I have checked the manufacturer's I/O manual and it calls for the supply to be connected to the bottom connection and the return to the top. The existing installation has the supply and the return on the bottom connections. I plan on correcting the baseboard that is involved with the remodel according to the I/O manual. But as you can guess there are several other heaters all connected just across the bottom. Does anyone know how inefficient this will make my system with these incorrect connections? The system is a mono-flo loop if this plays into all this. Thanks

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,327
    Options
    The biggest difference that I can see is that the recommended connection is a lot easier to get the air out of. And on a monoflo that's always a problem. Once they are operating -- shouldn't be much difference.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    quiptechEdTheHeaterMan
  • quiptech
    quiptech Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi Jamie, The less that I have to touch on these old baseboards the better. I am already concerned about separating the sections by accident. So only disconnecting and reconnecting the plumbing is good. Thanks for your response Jamie.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Put a coin vent on the upper connection.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    quiptech