Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO exposure today from new source

My Sensorcon personal CO alarm got a workout today. Kept going off peaking around 56ppm before I had to turn it off. Turned it back on when I left the gun range. Range had large ventilation fans running but I guess no MakeUp Air.
Live and learn.

Comments

• Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 586
    Without much air flow, probably airborne lead dust to be inhaled as well.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
    pecmsgSlamDunk
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,775
    Indoor gun ranges need a lot of outside air!
    CLamb
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,034
    Yes, all good points. Horrible IAQ. I posted this to show we breathe horrible air all the time but are usually unaware. My alarm goes off in most restaurants.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Yeah you don't want to get dizzy when firing. Where do you go Bob, Field & Stream? Actually pretty nice for Archery, for a change of pace.
    steve
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,034
    Working outdoors today downtown Wilmington, DE. Installing a unit in exterior wall of commercial building with excavator operating 50 ft. away. Guess what went off.

Got Chinese take-out. Guess what went off when I went in to pick it up? Rough neighborhood. Outer 1" ballistic glass with opening, 8" air gap then second glass with opening about 2 ft offset so no straight line of fire. He passed the food through the gap. Nice neighborhood if they'd clean up the used syringes and close the curbside pharmacies.

Targetmaster after the gun show. I don't do bow. They don't have magazines. Glock 30 .45 ACP, 9mm, and AR-15. First time teaching my new son in law.