Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to place Bleeding Valve on Baseboard radiator?

Options
Ramesh_G
Ramesh_G Member Posts: 1
All my Bleeding valve are placed at the return end, not feed side, of my baseboard.
Now the plumber placed a new tankless water system boiler and changed the direction opposite. The feed side is now return and that MAY BE created leak in my piping system due to pressure built in pipe. He says it doesn't matter which way they circulate. May be without bleeder Valves it may not matter but my all baseboard radiator has bleeding valves on return side where the water flows down (exist from baseboard). Can anyone tell me whether having direction change could affect my heating system.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,327
    Options
    I hope you mean a wall hung boiler, and not a tankless water heater. If he sold you a tankless water heater to power your heating system, he's incompetent. Wrong appliance for the job -- but he may be a good salesman.

Now. That said. Reversing the flow direction in a hot water heating system may or may not be a problem. In some systems, it isn't. In Monoflo systems, it's catastrophic. In series systems it will upset the balance between rooms; if it was satisfactory before, it won't be now. Do you have any idea how your system is setup?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options
    We need pics of the piping at the boiler and to from the radiators 
    mattmia2
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Baseboards are usually in series, the hottest water is sometimes intended to go to the high load room first
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream