Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar boiler whb110n lockout mode

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lochinvar Knight KB106 boiler. Lockouts from Temp Diff.

Comments

• curt1schroeder
    curt1schroeder Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a lochinvar boiler whb110n that goes into lockout mode regularly a day an seems to clear it’s self..But sometimes I have to hit the reset button it’s always says fail ignition flam
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Your should start your own post.

You are at the end of a 5 year old posting.

Indicate the age of the boiler and what servicing you have had done on it.
    ZmanIronman
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited May 2022
    Options
    ARHL(Automatic Reset High Limit) which resets when the temp in the boiler cools down. MRHL(Manual Reset High Limit) requires a hands on reset even when boiler temps cools down.

These can be adjusted in the installer programing as well as the offset.

I just downloaded this service manual the other day. The installer didn't leave any documentation with the boiler. I printed it out and am going to leave it with the customer for the next tech.

Look at page 40 & 41 in the service manual-models 81-286.

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/163342/lochinvar-knight-heating-boiler-81-286.html

Changes can be made in the installer programing. The manual will tell you how to access the programing mode. You can look at the perimeters set for your unit and report those.

Most often it is a flow issue as a result of piping, including pumps. Less so a programing issue.

You can lookup anti-cycling in the manual, too, under troubleshooting.

Did you have a combustion analysis done on your boiler. If so you should have a printed receipt showing the combustion perimeters. Is your boiler on NG or Propane?

Using a flash on your camera for your pics would greatly enlighten things.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    MRHL was the first poster problem.
    This one is simple ignition failure.
    Zman
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited May 2022
    Options
    JUGHNE, I don't understand, what am I missing? OH! Read all of Gater's post again and I get it, the sensor was the issue. I'm missing the ignition failure. I guess I'm getting ,too old. How in heck am I reading posts that are two days older than Moses?

Oh! I see, curt1schroeder, miss posted. I'm going to take an aspirin and go to bed.

Zman
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    @curt1schroeder
    Do you see what happens when you post on top of old posts? Now poor @HomerJSmith needs to go to bed and will miss his Sunday evening routine :s
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    HomerJSmithGGrossIronmanErin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I've started a new post for this.

Welcome, @curt1schroeder.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Most likely the flame rod needs cleaned. You can read what the flame rod current is on the display panel by scrolling through the menus. I don't remember what the lower reading should be before it shows an error, but it seems like most of the ones I have checked are reading around 11microamps, so if it seems really low, then that is probably the issue.
    Rick