Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Visit to the General Society of Mechanics & Tradesman

PC7060
PC7060 Member Posts: 1,296
edited April 2022 in THE MAIN WALL
In NYC this weekend and was able to schedule a visit to the General Society of Mechanics & Tradesman building to see the Larry Weingarten collection water heater collection and the lock/key collection. The collections are very good, I particularly liked the samples of water heater tank sediment, amazing the variety of colors and textures based on region.  

I think the society building stole the show though, it would be worthwhile visit just to tour the building with its beautiful interior details. 

Everyone we met at the society was very gracious and informative of the work of the society along with the building collections and library. 

Five stars, highly recommend.  B)

JUGHNESTEVEusaPASlamDunkAlan (California Radiant) ForbesCanuckerLarry Weingartenmattmia2ZmanErin Holohan HaskellEBEBRATT-EdTinmandelcrossv

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,495
    Thankyou @PC7060 , Dan and I did most of the setting up. You can see his artistry in the arrangement! Glad you liked the sediment. It has stories to tell!

Yours, Larry
    mattmia2PC7060Erin Holohan Haskell
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    I'm so glad you got to visit. It really is a magical place, filled with history. Did you happen to notice the skull of Gibbs the Pirate? He was the last pirate of the Caribbean to be hanged in NYC.
    Retired and loving it.
  • PC7060
    edited April 2022
    Pirates skull! Nope I’m afraid we missed that. Pretty wild. I could have spent another couple hour poking around but my lovely wife had other plans for the rest of the afternoon.   :)

• PC7060
    edited April 2022
    @Larry Weingarten - you and @DanHolohan did a great job with the format.  I was there my wife and another couple who were really impressed at the variety of the systems and the ornate presentation. 

My wife asked about the Carlson-Holohan award so I described Dan and Gil’s work to promote understanding of hydronic systems. Their eyes did start to glaze over when I attempted to explain the concept of PONPC so I kept it short!  :D
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    That’s funny!
    Retired and loving it.