Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What kind of circulator is this?

Huuyz11 Member Posts: 2
Looking the replace the circulator that feeds my Smart40 indirect, it's been making noise, very hot, slow hot water, I think because the aquastat on the tank died and it's been running 24/7 for a good year now. I've never seen this kind before with the holes, no taco label.

Wondering if I can replace this with a 007-F5 or if I need something bigger because it's and indirect, and if I need IFC on an indirect. My other 2 zones in the house are being feed by 007-F5.



  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,385
    It looks like a 007.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,752
    An 007 shoul be fine you usually need about 7 gpm with an indirect
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 235
    I just checked with engineering and that is an older 007-IFC pump that is no longer available. If it doesn't require the IFC you can go with a standard 007-F5.
  • Huuyz11
    Huuyz11 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guys. I'll purchase the 007 ifc. Appreciate the help, going to replace this and the aquastat before it gets worse now that winter is over.