Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Orange county, NY

Options
Jay85
Jay85 Member Posts: 34
Hopefully this doesnt violate any rule here. I searched for contractor on here and none came up less than an hour away. I feel someone on here has to be closer. I am looking for someone to help get the steam system running to its full potential. I took over a building that the previous owner neglected any type of maintenance on the boiler. I had 2 local guys pass by but they were not very experienced with steam. Looking to get a more knowledgeable set of eyes on things and get it all in working order. Located in orange county, ny.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,285
    Options
    It's likely that some of the New Jersey folks are actually closer -- but I doubt that they have bothered to negotiate the byzantine New York licensing requirements...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,845
    Options
    No State licensing, possibly a county thing.
    SuperTech
  • Jay85
    Options
    pecmsg said:
    I honestly dont care about the license. If they know what they are talking about that should work. 
  • Jay85
    Options
    Jay85 said:
    pecmsg said:
    I honestly dont care about the license. If they know what they are talking about that should work. 
    I understand licenses are important, but for venting and a visual inspection I think there is some leeway. Actual new construction is a diff story.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    Options
    I get a fee for consulting on systems that are being maintained with in-house staffing. Orange County is an hour and change away from me but I have business up there from time to time.
    Shoot me and email if you think I can help. I'd need to know more about your building, system, and any problems you may be having and I'll be happy to send you a quote.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    SuperTech
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    I’m located in Mahwah u can message me and I can see what I can do
    Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Jay85
    Options
    clammy said:
    I’m located in Mahwah u can message me and I can see what I can do Peace and good luck clammy
    I sent you a message. Thank you.