Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who is available for a paid consultation over Zoom?

Options
Hi, I need someone to help me turn on the low water cutoff on my single-pipe system. I can't find anyone local, and I am willing to pay the prevailing rate ($125/hr?) for a Zoom consultation.

Here are the manuals to the equipment installed.

Please reach me at 2 oh 3-9 five 2-85 four 2. My name is Doug. Thanks.

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    If you post pictures of your boiler, we should be able to help you out for free through this forum.

That said, I'm not sure I even understand the question. The LWCO does not have an on and off switch and neither does the water feeder (that I'm aware of), unless you are talking about the water valve that can isolate it? That would be easy to explain with pictures of your system.

Post some overall pictures of the boiler, not too close up so we can see the overall install. If there is something we can't make out we will let you know what additional pictures may be required.

Is there some specific issue you are having?
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    ethicalpaulHap_HazzardZman
  • SteamingatMohawk
    SteamingatMohawk Member Posts: 1,005
    Options
    Have you tried the "Find a contractor?

There are several around the city, but that may be too far for a site visit to Westport.

There are two guys in the Springfield, MA area, but you are probably too far for a site visit. I've talked to Mr. Garrity over the phone.

• ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,702
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Based on the area code it's Westport CT (where I used to live!) in Fairfield county not MA but that's not guaranteed.

There are zero Find a Contractors in CT I'm afraid. But KC's advice is good. Tell us more about what is going on.
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Options
    I'll do it. I'm not qualified, but I like money. :D

Seriously, though, what's up? Do you have the VXT or the Uni-Match? Most of us here have VXTs, but @gordo is very familiar with the Uni-Match. He has videos on YouTube if you can't catch him here.

If you're trying to hook up a water feeder to a Series 67 LWCO, I used to have one of those a few years ago, and IIRC, you just connect it to the two terminals on the square switch that aren't connected to the gas valve (i.e. the two that are empty). That switch alternately opens and closes the connection between the upper and lower paired terminals, so when the water gets low, the lower connection opens and the upper one closes, so it shuts off the burners and turns on (or signals) the water feeder at the same time. The manual should explain this.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24