Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone Circulating pump not turning off

Options
jsabia85
jsabia85 Member Posts: 1
I have a Bosch GreenStar mod/con boiler and noticed last night that my upsairs zone was not firing the boiler. Did some troubleshooting this morning and noticed that the honeywell v8043e zone vale was not engaging the end switch. I went to my local plumping supply store and got a replacement motor and swapped the motor (not the entire unit)... Now the end switch is engaged, and that zone is calling for heat. What I also noticed was that the circ pump has not shut off ALL DAY. I have turned off all zones and the pump is still running.

I have even disconnected the red end switch wires from all zones to see if the circ pump would stop but it doesn't. What can be some possible causes for the circ pump not turning off?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,313
    Options
    The pump is controlled by the end switches? Then if it keeps running with all the end switches disconnected, there pretty well has to be a short somewhere in the end switch wiring.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    What is controlling the pump? Follow the wires and report back, preferably with pictures.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein