Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Options
jinbtown
jinbtown Member Posts: 40
Like, a year or more ago I posted asking for some advice about set up. The responses clued me in that I might not know anything about what I was doing, so I spent the year researching and compiling information before deciding on a config and tearing into it. Well, a couple months ago the 2 old Peerless CI boilers got ripped out, though one of them was shut down when we moved into this house (total IBR output BTU was like 160k between the two, last winter whole house was heated with one 70k BTU), along with the 2 brand new atmospheric propane water heaters that the previous homeowner installed a year ago. No natural gas where we are. The last 30 days we've used 45-50% of the propane that the single Peerless used in November of 2020.

Set up now: Lochinvar Noble 150, no DHW hooked up, no P/S. Currently running 12-18 hours a day depending on sun (we have a huge south exposure). Modulates between 10 and 14% pretty much always. Swapped the 15-78 Grundfos circulator for an Alpha cartridge (stock circulator has union mount).

DHW: Bradford White Aerotherm 80 gallon heat pump

Viega Manabloc, simplified a ton of the plumbing in the basement.

Overall I couldn't be happier, with my boiler chugging along at 12% as I type this, the Alpha pump using 14 watts (compared to the 15-78 using 130 watts, electricity is $0.17/kwh here), and the house measurably more comfortable than before due to nice low water temps running through the baseboard.

Thanks for everything guys. I'm sure I'll have more questions when we install geothermal hopefully next year and convert this Noble to driveway heating duty :smile: until then!
ratioDerheatmeisterIronmanmattmia2EBEBRATT-EdRich_49