Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 problem

Options
GoYooper
GoYooper Member Posts: 1
Our Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 boiler has been working well for us for years but has recently have had problems keeping warm.
We switch from propane to natural gas last fall and the heat did not seem to keep the house as warm as in the past. I do not know if they changed the settings when changing over but even though last winter was a mild one were not as cozy as in the past.
We have under floor pex tubing and before the change over I know that the parameters were set higher than the factory defaults because of the heat transfer through the layers of flooring. In places where there is tile the thickness of the floor is about 1.75 inches.
Earlier this week I called TT support when our outside temps were about 25 degrees and they walked me through the settings to raise what I assume was the low temp from 86 to 100 which did help to at least get to our set room temps of 69. Yesterday early evening our outside temps dropped to about 12 degrees and the inside temps dropped to 62 degrees and would not get any higher. The water temps at the boiler were ranging from 114 - 120 degrees.
Any indication on what I need to do?
I have been told that I can disconnect the outside temp sensor. What will take place if I do.
We are freezing at 62 degrees

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Who did the conversion? Did they do a combustion analysis and print the results?
    What age is the boiler? The older 110's were not intended to be converted. The propane and gas models came with different burner socks. Pictures always help.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    More info is needed and pics of the boiler with its near piping and controls would be helpful.

Is the boiler controlling the supply water temperature to the floor or is there another mixing device down stream of it?

If there’s not another mixing device, then you don’t wanna disconnect the outdoor sensor as that would send very hot water to the floor. The only way around that would be to lower the boiler’s high limit to 120*.

Is this a slab floor or wood frame? If wood, are there heat transfer plates?

When the boiler was converted back to natural gas was the propane orifice changed and the boiler setup with a combustion analyzer to specs?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    Options
    The LP to NG conversion is a big red flag for me. Could be under fired.
    ZmanIronmandelta T
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    If the house was comfortable before the conversion why mess around with the settings? Common sense tells me the conversion was not done properly. Either that or you now have two issues