Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Found parts for MZ Monitor, but need someone in UK to forward them to US

Options
Hello Wall-

I found a source for the draft inducer for the MZ Monitor at a UK based supply house. They do not have a way to ship outside the UK. They are proposing that someone purchase it from them and then ship it to me.

Anyone in the UK want to act as my agent to work this out? Obviously I would pay for the part, the shipping and something for the hassle.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 234
    Options
    What is the power voltage for the draft inducer? It may be different in the US.
    kcopp
  • Luke_Lefever
    Luke_Lefever Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Good point. I believe the incoming voltage would be different (50Hz, as well as 220v), but that the transformer on the board steps that down to the same operating voltage.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,373
    Options

Good point. I believe the incoming voltage would be different (50Hz, as well as 220v), but that the transformer on the board steps that down to the same operating voltage.

That probably works for the board. It may -- or may not -- work for the motor.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Luke_Lefever
    Luke_Lefever Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I think I’ve come to the conclusion that spending $500-$600 on a spare draft fan, which may or may not be the correct operating voltage, is not money we’ll spent. 

I’m thinking that the boiler has served reliably for 20 years, so when it dies, I’ll replace it with another mod-con for which parts are more readily available. 

Thanks for the wisdom!
    PC7060Erin Holohan Haskell
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that spending $500-$600 on a spare draft fan, which may or may not be the correct operating voltage, is not money we’ll spent. 

I’m thinking that the boiler has served reliably for 20 years, so when it dies, I’ll replace it with another mod-con for which parts are more readily available. 

Thanks for the wisdom!
    Good choice :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    JUGHNE