Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

circulation pump

Options
We have a steam boiler with a loop and a taco 007 circulation pump. We have gone through 2 pumps in a short period of time. Taco says the pump is not good for steam boilers, which is true! I was told to get the bronze colored pump because they can withstand the heat and steam. I was hoping someone could tell me which one to purchase. Thank you in advance. Joana

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    The Bronze 007 has been discontinued I would think the stainless model would be a good replacement.
    One of the Steam or Taco folks that visit the site could probably confirm.
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Taco-007-SF5-007-Stainless-Steel-Circulator-1-25-HP-15054000-p
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Derheatmeister
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Even if you use a Stainless circ if you are using this on the Condensate return line you should install a devise such as the Fernox TF 1 prior to the Circulating pump so that the circ is not subject to ferrous materials and sludge.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    As said before, the stainless 007 would be best for your system. Cleaning the water is never a bad idea and also make sure the circulator is as low to the ground (if not lower) as you can get it. Even better if a heat exchanger is used and the circ is on the heating side of the heat exchanger.

Dave H.
    Dave H
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options
    jwjojo said:

We have a steam boiler with a loop and a taco 007 circulation pump. We have gone through 2 pumps in a short period of time. Taco says the pump is not good for steam boilers, which is true! I was told to get the bronze colored pump because they can withstand the heat and steam. I was hoping someone could tell me which one to purchase. Thank you in advance. Joana

Why is there a circulator on there in the 1st place?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    pecmsg said:

I had assumed a hot water baseboard loop. Not sure why it matters...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options
    Zman said:

pecmsg said:

I had assumed a hot water baseboard loop. Not sure why it matters...
    That/s what we need to know and it does matter.