Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What do you call these?

Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,059
edited October 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
.........and where do you get them? Thermostat wire sleeve?

Edit: I just noticed the part number in the picture and found them on Amazon. It's called a "Black Universal Bushing".

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab


  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,807
    edited October 2021
    Hozewatser :)

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Your hands are too clean…

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,751
    grommet. maybe a bushing
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,077
    I end up with a can full of those type of things; snap in grommets or cord type locking grommets.
    There are always some that come with FAF's.
    Even plastic KO closers that make an electrical inspector blink and think....."now is that UL approved?"

    It was good enough for factory equipment wasn't it??

    I have taken the plastic KO snap in closers and drilled a hole with a step bit to run low voltage thru.
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,468
    edited October 2021
    You gotta be kidding me. It's a insulation bushing for a single wire such as a thermostat wire. It fits into a 1/2" panel knock out.

    You should be able to get them at any electric supply house. I save them, when ever I can, handy.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,266
    Wire grommets, find them at box and hardware stores. I like the rubber ones best, a lip on both sides to keep them secure
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,654
    ½" KO booshing, available in many sizes. I prefer the ones without the fingers inside, I can get wires through them easier. Bridgeport cat # 9792 for the ¾" size.