Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mr. Dan Holohan

Options
Tom51
Tom51 Member Posts: 13
edited October 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Been some time since we spoke, both really busy with life I'd guess.

I do need to say a BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to write the books you have written and sharing your knowledge with thousands.

I remember my first visit to the "WALL" about 1997 and how much it felt like a "bar without the booze" (The Cheese wrote that many years ago)

So many mentors and very good friends came from that first visit.

Anyway, it has been on my mind to say thank you DAN, for the time and long time friendship.

Image from a job we just garnered.

tom Steiger
ratioErin Holohan HaskellTinmanBuckyIronmanmattmia2Alan (California Radiant) ForbesSolid_Fuel_ManNew England SteamWorks

Comments

• retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 906
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Ah, the good old days before retirement. Looks like 2 - 3 pass fire tube boilers firing coal or a "need to be adjusted" oil burner. I always hated punching fire tubes boilers with a manual brush and pole. A tube punching system with an attached industrial vac was the way to go. Anytime I had a customer that fired fuel oil in the winter either out of want or need, I had them fire that boiler for about a week if possible, on natural gas, with a slightly lean fire to clean-up most of the soot and make the tube cleaning job easier and sometimes not necessary. Taking that soot home meant I had to undress in the garage or face an irritated woman.

I have learned a lot monitoring this site and reading about other peoples service and installation problems and fixes. Boilers firing anything was my life and I enjoyed it to the fullest.
    Tom51
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    @retiredguy

There is something about starting up a large burner for the first time. I think it gets in your blood.

We were a Power Flame rep for a while but I always though Webster's were better quality
    Tom51
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Thanks, Tom! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. 
    Retired and loving it.
    Tom51
  • NYtimebomb
    NYtimebomb Member Posts: 30
    Options
    I just want to add my thanks to Dan for all his work and all the members here that share their knowledge.
    Thank you!
    Erin Holohan HaskellTom51