Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plumbing-Heating Mechanics to work in North/Central New Jersey needed.

Options
13»

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    @ChrisJ My dad did the same thing at the same age. He used to grill me as he was driving me to school and I remember crying a lot when he got mad when I didn't get the answers right. But I sure have appreciated what he did when I used the skill in my adult life. It stayed imbedded in my memory banks.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,707
    Options
    A little embarrassing,  I taught our son and daughter how to do square roots.  He was about nine and she was about seven at the time.  Mom/wife is a grade school teacher,  she thought they were a little young 🤣 
    They're not young if they get it and understand.

The more tools they have the better.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • HydroNiCK
    HydroNiCK Member Posts: 182
    Options
    SlamDunk said:
    Geez. I am pretty sure the op knows how to run his business.
    Yeah and I'm sure he does it well. I didn't mean to direct it to him in particular. I was just reciting a cautionary tale of woe from my younger days. I'm a boiler sight glass half empty kind of guy.  I guess my point is yeah it's hard enough to find good employee and once you get one watch out for others trying to prevent you from finding one. 
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    HydroNiCK said:

Also, apparently I don't know how to read forum posts and dates I thought my suggestion of the guy being illiterate  was a groundbreaking revelation.

Hahaha. I'm glad you got to that before I did. I'll reiterate that there was more at play here than the guy refusing to fill out the application. He pulled up, parked illegally, blocking our parking spaces and his attitude was just terrible. I realize it's entirely possible that was his defense mechanism for being illiterate but by now I know my tolerance for being challenged regularly by my employees. This guy was going to be a problem beyond his lack of reading skills, if they did exist.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    HydroNiCK