Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Will a Hole in the Flue Pipe cause pressure switch to stick open?

Options
Dairon421
Dairon421 Member Posts: 80
Hey guys so I'm working on a Locknivar boiler Cwn0645pm(model). The inducer and hoses are fine and I replaced the pressure switch and still no action.  So I inspected the venting and saw a big gap. Don't have the materials to fix it but will that be a reason why the switch not working completing the circuit?(Also I'm not getting correct W.C to switch)

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    I don't believe the pressure switch would be affected by that opening. I do believe that opening could allow carbon monoxide to enter the living space.

Don't operate that boiler until you get the vent repaired.

Mr.Ed

PS. Your annual maintenance and inspection service should have identified that 2 years ago. That did not happen in the last few months.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    I assumed you are the business or homeowner because as a professional, you would not attempt to repair the pressure switch with a defective venting system. You would know better.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,862
    Options
    damn

thats not a hole. 
    That’s a canyon. 

Shut it down 

• bucksnort
    bucksnort Member Posts: 167
    Options
    duct tape
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    I agree with "not safe to run"

Is this a fan assisted flue?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    Judging by the corrosion on the flue pipe, I'd be looking for a hole in the HX that's keeping the pressure switch from making.

It's likely quite dangerous, a 'kill the whole family' kind of thing. Shut it down until it can be thoroughly checked.